Humanitec is developing a platform that helps teams radically speed up their application development using microservice architecture. We are leveraging cutting-edge technology to create the application development platform of tomorrow, which will enable dev teams to focus on writing a unique code and developing enterprise business solutions faster than ever. Our enterprise development teams are our first users, delivering complex solutions in the fields of global workforce management, organizational management, data consolidation and analysis, IoT integration, and many more. We love open source and share what we do wherever possible so you can reuse it.
General position summary
Based in Berlin, Germany, we are looking for a Data Scientist that can help create reporting and data integration pipelines across multiple platform data sources. Your responsibility is to merge data from these sources, make use of them through automated reporting dashboards, warehousing, and data scraping and cleaning tools. You will be working closely with the Tola Data software team and their clients helping non-profit organizations to deliver their social impact and report on their achievements towards UN Sustainable Development Goals. This job is about creativity and “outside the box” thinking, leadership and teamwork to help develop our solutions that can be shared with our community of development teams. The personality is everything for this position: tech-loving, highly motivated, strong interpersonal skills and strategic decision-maker.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Analyze the data-sources and merge them in one central warehouse.
- Align with business objectives on what indicators should be reported on automatically.
- Automate reporting and help create a data pipeline from production data.
- Setup template reports using business intelligence tools according to client needs.
- Not mandatory but possible: develop additional widgets for our dashboard service and enhance its functionality.
- Research use-cases for our data-warehouse services and propose further developments.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Computer Science or another related degree. We may make exceptions if you have solid knowledge of Python.
- Solid skills in Python, Jupyter notebook or using the Python data science libraries preferably in an operational environment.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL data source aggregation and analysis.
- Nice to have experience writing and using machine learning algorithms and libraries.
- Solid understanding of Rest-APIs and API handling in general.
- Experience in data-manipulation, big-data processing, data-visualization.
- Solid understanding of fundamental statistical concepts and how to apply them in real-world settings.
Why join Humanitec?
- Be a part of the team that builds the development platform of the future.
- Plenty of opportunities to contribute to open source projects.
- Clear career development plan.
- Constant increase of knowledge through conference visits and personal coaching.
- Want to sharpen your public speaking skills? We’ve got you covered!
- A friendly work environment where openness is valued and initiative is encouraged.
- Fresh fruit, coffee, drinks, regular team events, a sunny courtyard, and up-to-date hardware are all here to ensure optimal working conditions!
How to apply?
Apply directly by following "Apply via Breezy" button here or send us an email to: email@example.com with your CV and a short introduction on what you do and why you want to work with us.