What does Humanitec do?
Our product integrates the modern toolchain to take software from repository to production faster than ever. We are an engineering-driven company and don’t just apply technologies but push the boundaries of what is possible with code today.
We are proud to have IT Teams on board, from companies across the most diverse enterprise sectors and sizes; from the not-for-profit sector to field-force management. Our teams take great care to craft qualitative software as well as contributing and maintaining open source projects for our enterprise clients.
Are you a fit?
- You are looking to work on a technically advanced and innovative project that requires you to combine your back-end development skills and your experience to drive the refactoring of an existing architecture.
- You have expert level (5+ years) working experience designing architecture and building applications with Python with Django.
- You are an expert at building with Restful APIs.
- You have experience in architecting microservice solutions.
- You feel comfortable with DevOps processes and have experience deploying and running CI/CD systems and processes.
- You are experienced with TDD and relevant testing frameworks.
- You have experience working in an agile environment.
- You are curious and like to research new tools and solutions. Sharing your knowledge with your team and the open-source community is important to you.
- You have strong initiative and self-starter mentality to drive things with a high sense of ownership.
What are the main responsibilities of the role?
- You will work in one of our consulting teams to build new features in the TolaData application.
- You will work closely with the back-end engineers to reconstruct our architecture.
- You will be involved in resolving performance, reliability and maintainability issues of the applications.
- You will collaborate with Humanitec engineers in advancing elements of our core product on service analysis, discovery and deployment infrastructure.
- You will be evolving towards Research and Development responsibilities with exposure to the latest engineering tools.
- You will do code reviews effectively and share knowledge with other team members and the community.
What is it like to work at Humanitec?
Our shared passion for excellence translates to our approach to work. We focus on your talents and personality - your background, origin or gender will never make a difference to us. Our international team is well connected between three offices - in Nairobi, Berlin and New York.
You will be working in our Nairobi office, located in the heart of Kenya’s tech scene and embedded in the bustling local tech community.
Our engineering culture is composed of regular knowledge exchange among team members via pair-programming, workshops or code reviews. Your personal development and growth are important to us.
We are looking for driven, brilliant minds to join our team and work alongside colleagues from 19 nations to make a dent in the universe. If you are into cloud-native environments, microservice architectures and want to fundamentally rethink how modern engineering organizations work - we should talk.
See more on who we are on our social media - Twitter, Facebook and Medium.