This Humanitec Support Terms document (“Support Terms”) applies only in conjunction with the Humanitec Subscription Terms and describes the Humanitec support and maintenance services available (“Support”). Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the meanings given to them in the Subscription Terms.
1. Support and System Availability Options
1.1. Humanitec offers the following service levels for Customer support:
1.1.1. Humanitec Community Support: the basic support for any Customer.
1.1.2. Humanitec Premium Support: Humanitec Community Support plus the additional support services listed in 1.3.2.
1.1.3. Humanitec Premium Plus Support: In addition to Humanitec Premium Support the Customer will also receive the additional support services listed in 1.3.3.
1.2. The support offerings do not apply to the limited time free trial use (clause 7 of the Subscription Terms).
1.3. Support Type Descriptions
1.3.1. Community Support
- Email Support: Support via email to help a Customer identify, locate, and correct an Error for the Humanitec Service.
- Error Corrections: Humanitec shall use commercially reasonable efforts to correct and/or provide a Workaround for any Error reported by Customer in accordance with the priority level reasonably assigned to such Error by Humanitec and the associated response obligations set forth in Section 8 below.
- Updates and Enhancements: Humanitec shall provide to Customer, Humanitec’s officially released (i) Bug Fixes, and (ii) Updates and Enhancements to the Humanitec Service (“Humanitec Service Updates”). For the purposes of clarity, Humanitec Service Updates are limited to incremental improvements to the Humanitec Service licensed under the Agreement.
- Training: Self-service documentation.
1.3.1. Premium Support
In addition to receiving Community Support, Customers who also purchase Premium Support will receive support as follows:
- Email and Phone/Video Support: Support via Premium email queue and on-demand video call with Customer Support Manager and/or Customer Support Engineer.
- Access Points: Regular check-ins with a dedicated Customer Success Manager. Unlimited email access to the Customer Support team.
- Training: Basic training for teams in single, digital sessions with live Q&A.
- Severity A Errors: Customer can flag Severity A Error requests (as defined below) for expedited review. If a Support ticket is classified as a Severity A Error, Customer may request to escalate that ticket to a scheduled conference call.
- Business Support: Quarterly business and technology reviews.
1.3.3. Premium Plus Support
In addition to receiving Premium Support, Customers who also purchase Premium Plus Support will receive support as follows:
- Email and Phone/Video Support: Support via Premium Plus email queue, dedicated Slack channel, and on-demand video call with Customer Support Manager and/or Customer Support Engineer.
- Training: Customized training for teams in digital sessions (one per quarter) or in person.
1.4. Humanitec’s obligation to provide Support is subject to the following: (i) Customer’s reasonable effort to resolve the Error after communication with Humanitec; (ii) Customer’s provision to Humanitec of sufficient information and resources to correct the Error, (iii) Customer’s procurement and installation and maintenance of all hardware and browser software necessary to access the Humanitec Service, and (iv) Customer installing any corrections to the CLI provided by Humanitec. As related to Severity A Error, Customer shall provide continuous access to appropriate Customer personnel and the Humanitec Service during Humanitec’s response related to the Severity A Error or Humanitec shall be permitted to change the status of the Error.
1.5. Humanitec is not obligated to provide Support for Errors related to (any of these are “Exclusions”):
1.5.1. modifications and/or alterations to the Humanitec Service not performed by Humanitec,
1.5.2. use of the Humanitec Service in a manner not in accordance with the Agreement and Documentation,
1.5.3. Errors caused by the Customer’s negligence, or issues with Customer’s computing devices, local area network, or internet service provider connections, or third-party software; and
1.5.4. situations in which the Customer has not paid any fees in accordance with the Agreement and/ or Service Order when due.
1.5.5. use of Humanitec Service outside the scope described in the Term,
1.5.6. inability to provide the Humanitec Service due to acts or omissions of Customer or any User,
1.5.7. Planned or Emergency Maintenance,
1.5.8. issues cause by Customer after Humanitec advised Customer to modify Customer’s use of the Humanitec Service, if Customer did not modify its use as advised,
1.5.9. issues that resulted from the use of third-party hardware or software, in which the third-party hardware or software caused the service degradation.
2. Response and Resolution Goals
Humanitec will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond during Business Hours to requests for support from Customer as follows: